Monday, March 23, 2009

Nan Hwa Chong - Revisited.

Today Cai & I decided to go to Nan Hwa Chong as he had craving for Yu Tou Lu again.
During our previous visit we saw the table beside us ordering this dish, so we decided to try it as it looks good. And it did not disappoint us!
It's none other than the Marmite Chicken.
It's very crispy, and not very oily. Goes very well with the sweet sauce.
We fell in love with it instantly =)

In the menu, it's called Golden Tofu. Cai decided to order this to try as it sounds interesting.
To our surprise, it isn't tofu at all!

The specks of white flakes you see on it are probably the flour that was not battered properly. Or was it sprinkled for decoration? =/

It actually tastes like carrot cake with vegetables in it. After much thought, I gather that the filling in it is fish paste. Just a guess, though.
A unique dish, but we got sick of it at the 2nd helping. It has a really strong parsely smell, which we hate.

The yu tou lu was exactly the same as how it tasted the other time.
But this time, they gave us a lot of the yucky dark green vegetables and very little of cabbage, which we both love. BOO! :(
This time I remembered to take a picture of the fish. We stuck with our previous choice, the 白苍鱼.
Super soft and totally enjoyable to eat =D

However full we were, we still made room for dessert.
I brought him to Ji De Chi again. My new love, heehee.
His: Durian puree sago with pomelo

After mixing.
Not quite like how I imagined it would be.
The durian puree had a nasty aftertaste. Must be because of all that processed stuff.
They could have used real durian flesh instead.
Durian sticky rice roll
Another disappointment. The durian puree was the same as the above. And the rice roll had such a strong coconut taste to it, the whole combination is just wrong.

Mine: Double boiled steamed milk, or 双皮顿奶

I regretted eating the durian dishes first, cos my tastebuds could not taste anything afterwards.
It's very sad you know? I ate this bowl of steamed milk pudding without knowing how it tastes like.

But I do know that it is very soft, it tastes like soya bean curd.
HAIZ. Next time try again ba.

Shopped around in Bugis Junction & decided to stop by tcc for a drink.


Cabbed home after that.

I should stop here, have been blogging for 3 hours already.
Finally I'm back to blogging!
The feel is back again~ :D

No comments: