Monday, March 23, 2009

20th April

Went to Mustafa Centre with Rongxin, my obasan :P
My first and last time there, the smell of indians is unbearable!

Headed to Bugis: Ji De Chi for dessert


Mine: Peanut & Black Sesame yuan yang
The black sesame is good, comparable to the one we had at Mei Heong Yuen.
The peanut paste was too bland, the peanut taste is not strong enough.

Hers: Walnut & Almond yuan yang.

Bad combination. The almond paste overpowered the walnut, so after thorough mixing, there was hardly any walnut taste in it.

I would recommend the Sesame & almond paste, very smooth & creamy, yet not too overpowering.
A perfect combination of yuan yang :D

Headed to Sunshine Plaza next - 'Parklane Zha Wan Ton Mee'.
I always eat at the Bugis outlet, but we decided to visit the original outlet at Sunshine instead.

I had my usual, 'Chicken cutlet rice'. I don't know is it because of the difference in standards in various outlets or have the standards dropped??

The chicken cutlet Bugis which I ate was not these pathetic black pieces!
Not to mention oily, small, thin, and absolutely over-fried.
Most of it was chicken skin and not the meat.

It was so bad that RX noticed that I was frowning throughout my entire meal.

Hers. And this is what they used to be popular for.

The tasty crispy wantons with generous amounts of meat filling were a thing of the past. No more.
What's given now is what you see in the pictures. Over-fried wantons with only a pinch of meat in it.

Very bad. I'm not going back ever again.

On my way to the washroom, I walked past this muffin shop and the aroma of its muffins caught my nosebuds' attention.

So I told RX and we decided to try one since we were already there.

Yes, Banana walnut muffin you saved the day :D

Any previous disgruntles from the nasty chicken cutlet rice vanished immediately after eating this magical muffin!

Fresh out from the oven, one could sniff it from miles away.
As I sliced it with my knife, I could feel the tenderness of the muffin.
It's unbelievably good. Damn, I should have took a photo of its interior.
Definitely going back to try all the other flavours.

They have chicken pies & curry puffs too, which are also very popular with the customers, as they keep vanishing from the shelf and are being constantly replenished by the lady boss.
RX and I kept peeking into the store to see how the chef makes the pastries & what muffins/pastries the other customers buy. Heehee.

Oops. I forgot the shop name, but it has been on several newspapers and magazines before.
It is located at Sunshine Plaza beside the ground floor toilet.


12-15 April
4 enjoyable days of working at IT show.
Saw many familiar faces, and made many new friends.
They're all so friendly! :D


The cutie pies of NOD32 Anti-virus =P

My colleague, Yi Ting & Myself Raymond.
The way his eyebrows move up and down when he talks just tickles me.



Tobi & I.
She's real cute. Hahaha.

Will update the rest of our group pictures when I receive them.
They're such a fun bunch.
Am looking forward to work with them again in Sep. YEAH! =D

No comments: